Jakarta is the centre of the government, commerce and industry and is privileged to have an extensive communications network with the rest of the country and the world.
Jakarta is a densely-populated metropolis with over 10 million people. It is a modern city with nice roads, buildings, parks and museums. The hub of the city is the Golden Triangle, formed by Jalan Jendral Sudirman.
- Jalan Thamrin is home to most of Jakarta's big hotels as well as shopping centre.
- North Jakarta is a leafy, wealthy residential area, including Pantai indah kapuk with its massive shopping complex and the trendy area, with lots of restaurants and bars.
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah in the East Jakarta, it is a miniature of Indonesia
- National Monument, surrounded by a cluster of government offices.
- Gambir Train Station and the Presidential Palace
- Glodok which is the Chinatown area can be found here.
- Kota (literally meaning 'city') is the home of the city's best colonial architecture, particularly at Taman Fatahillah on Jalan Pintu Besar
- Ancol Amusement Park, with Sea World for the kids
- Kepulauan Seribu
The best time to visit Jakarta is June through September, when the weather is at its best!