Blenduk Chruch is 3.6km away from Hotel Ciputra Semarang, and the Chruch can be reach by car approximately 15 minutes via Jalan Pemuda and Jalan MH Thamrin depends on current traffic.
Blenduk was established in 1753; the initial building had a joglo-style. Although meant for Protestants, Catholics also used it until the first Catholic church in the city, in Gedangan, was built.
The church was later rebuilt in 1787. Another re-imagining, spearheaded by H.P.A. de Wilde and W. Westmas, began work in 1894. During this renovation, the dome and two towers were added. Another series of renovations began in the early 2000s. As of 2004, the church has 200 families in its congregation and holds regular Sunday services; it is also a tourist attraction. In 2003 the church celebrated its 250th year.