Become a member and save up to 50%!


Click here to sign up

X
Cari Harga

Buat Tempahan

x

Stadthuys (Dutch Square)

The Stadthuys, meaning city hall in old Dutch, is a historic building located in the center of Malacca City, Malaysia, at the Red Square. Built by the Dutch in 1650 as the office for the governor and deputy governor, it is known for its red exterior and nearby red clocktower. After the British took over, the Stadthuys served as the Treasury, Post Office, Government Offices, and apartments for high officials.

In 1826, the Malacca Free School was established near the Stadthuys by missionaries, offering free education. It was renamed Malacca High School in 1871 and moved to its current location on Chan Koon Cheng Road in 1931.

Located on Laksamana Road next to Christ Church, the oldest Dutch building in the Orient, the Stadthuys now houses the History and Ethnography Museum, displaying traditional costumes and artifacts from Malacca's history.

Location: Banda Hilir (± 3.1 km from Grand Swiss-Belhotel Melaka or approximately 10 minutes driving)

Stadthuys (Dutch Square)
Grand Swiss-Belhotel Melaka <br>(formerly LaCrista Hotel)Stadthuys (Dutch Square)
Grand Swiss-Belhotel Melaka <br>(formerly LaCrista Hotel)Stadthuys (Dutch Square)
Grand Swiss-Belhotel Melaka <br>(formerly LaCrista Hotel)